This episode of Domain Query is in response to an excellent question from reader G W on my Didactic Mind Telegram channel. The question related to the possibility of an American debt default, and the consequences thereof. Essentially, I was asked: “what would be the results of a US default?”
The short answer is that it would be an unmitigated catastrophe, the likes of which we have never, ever seen before. But that does not actually explain the true scale and size of the problem. To do that, you have to look at the actual history of the US dollar, and why it is a debt-based currency. You also have to understand something about the international linkages of the global economy, and the pervasive influence and power of American Treasury bonds. Once you get some idea of just how much the world depends on US debt for all sorts of purposes, you will then understand why an American default will literally collapse the entire global economy.
I go into these subjects, and much more, in the podcast below:
Protect Yourself From Big Tech
I make some pretty incendiary statements in this podcast, and in most of my podcasts. I can only do so because I take steps to protect myself from the Big Tech companies, and preserve my identity. You need to do the same – this is no longer optional, because if you don’t, the gatekeepers WILL come for your head.
If you don’t know where to start, then I’ve got you covered right here with this post. Here are the specific steps that you can take:
- Make sure that your web traffic is safe and protected from prying eyes using a VPN – click here to get a massive 80% OFF on a 24-month subscription with Surfshark;
- Be sure also to check out Incogni, the new data and privacy management tool offered by Surfshark, which simply works behind the scenes to ensure that no malign actors can take advantage of your data ever again;
- Another solid VPN option for you is Atlas VPN, brought to you by the same company that creates NordVPN;
- The best SSD drive that you can get right now, with blazing fast speeds and near-native storage capabilities, is probably the SanDisk Extreme 1TB Portable SSD with NVMe technology – I bought this myself to keep a moving backup of all of my files, it’s the size of a credit card, and it’s absolutely superb;
Build Your Platform
- Get yourself a proper domain for your site or business with Namecheap;
- Put your site onto a shared hosting service using A2Hosting for the fastest, most secure, and stable hosting platform around – along with unlimited email accounts of unlimited size;
- Create beautiful websites with amazing, feature-rich content using Divi from Elegant Themes;