I received a very interesting question from reader Sean, which went as follows:
I’m a new reader on your blog. I’m interested in your views on Christianity, religion, faith, and atheism as I’m currently mired in sorting those things out for myself. It seems from old posts (ca. 2013) you had at least rejected atheism, recognized a Higher Power, and held to a certain faith. In more recent posts, it seems your faith has evolved over the years. I’d be interested to hear you describe how your thinking has changed over the years or what it is now. Maybe you could point me to particular posts that lay out your thoughts?
That’s exactly the kind of question that I enjoy answering. So I took a shot at it. In hindsight, I probably should have split this into two pieces, as “only” the first 20min or thereabouts talks about my experience. The second half of the podcast concerns arguments and apologetics designed to point atheists and non-believers toward the truth.
I’ve also included a bunch of references to help Sean and others like him walk the road that I had to – though hopefully with a bit more clarity and a lot less meandering than I did.
Here’s the podcast. References follow below it:
Oh, before we get to those – here is the classic HALO: Combat Evolved (Anniversary) level that inspired the title of the post:
Lord, but I do love that game.
- The Irrational Atheist: Dissecting the Unholy Trinity of Dawkins, Harris, And Hitchens by OBADSDL(PBUH) Vox Day
- Mere Christianity by Clive Staples Lewis
- I Don’t Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist by Dr. Norman Geisler & Dr. Frank Turek
- The Screwtape Letters by Clive Staples Lewis
- Reagan’s War: The Epic Story of his Forty Year Struggle and Final Triumph Over Communism by Peter Schweizer
- Liar, Lunatic, Lord: The Gospel of John as the greatest evidence for (or against) Jesus’ claim to be I AM WHO I AM by Eric Deadwyler
- The Case for Faith: A Journalist Investigates the Toughest Objections to Christianity by Lee Strobel
- The Case for Christ: A Journalist’s Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus by Lee Strobel
- Patterns of Evidence: Exodus;
- In the Face of Evil – the film version of Reagan’s War, produced by Steve Bannon and others, an absolute MUST-WATCH film
- The Case for Faith
- The Case for Christ
Protect Yourself From Big Tech
As I keep telling everyone with sense enough to listen, you MUST take steps to protect yourself from the Big Tech companies. Start here with this post. Here are the specific steps that you can take:
- Make sure that your web traffic is safe and protected from prying eyes using a VPN – click here to get a massive 81% OFF on a 24-month subscription with Surfshark, the best-value VPN client out there today;
- If you want something a bit simpler with fewer bells and whistles, subscribe to GooseVPN here;
Build Your Platform
- Get yourself a proper domain for your site or business with Namecheap;
- Put your site onto a shared hosting service using A2Hosting for the fastest, most secure, and stable hosting platform around – along with unlimited email accounts of unlimited size;
- Create beautiful websites with amazing, feature-rich content using Divi from Elegant Themes;