I am very pleased to present the second part of the discussion with longtime reader and friend JohnC911. We caught up yesterday to discuss a wide range of topics, starting with the realities of the failed 20-year-long “Global War on Terror”, and moving on to many other subjects, over the course of a nearly 3-hour discussion. This is by far the longest podcast that I’ve ever done, and you might want to pull up a comfy chair and a good book while you’re listening to it.
- The legacy of 9/11 in terms of material and spiritual costs;
- Comparing the Fall of the American Empire with the collapses experienced by past empires, especially those of the Romans and Byzantines;
- Looking abroad at the current geopolitical realities of the vacuum left by the collapse of American power globally;
- Putting what we are going through into some kind of Scriptural context, particularly with respect to the Book of Revelation;
- Examining the nature of the Pharisatanical groups that are controlling the actions of the American Empire;
- Understanding how the moral examples provided by Christianity and Islam lead followers of the two faiths in completely opposite directions;
- The likely date of the fall of the US Empire, based on past events and the average lifespan of empires;
… and much, much more.
We both had a lot of fun talking through and making sense of the events that have enveloped the world in recent years. It was great to talk to a fellow brother and believer in Christ with a keen interest in history and moral philosophy. Please join me in thanking our good friend for his time and putting this together, and be sure to subscribe to his podcast over on SoundCloud if you have not done so already.