The Didactic Mind podcast is back, finally, with a long discussion about the rather disastrous state of modern economics. Specifically, I start by defining what money IS, and how different forms of money have evolved over time. I point out that money is absolutely linked to time, which makes it a direct translation of one’s life into tangible value. From there, I embark on a discussion of Keynesian economics and its views on money, and then talk about the Monetarist heresy of that very same particularly stupid way of thinking. I delve into the insanity of Modern Monetary Theory (MMT), which is essentially an entire school of economics devoted to the destruction of wealth and sound money, before ending on an impassioned screed about how nations can resolve the issue of rampant inflation through sound monetary policy and the removal of SANKSHUNS!!! upon THOSE DAMNED ROOSKEES!!!
This is probably one of my “rantier” podcasts, and with good reason. There is a lot to unpack here, and honestly I only really skimmed the surface. My argument really comes down to the fact that time literally is money, and that by destroying the value of money, governments destroy the value of people’s lives – which is an act of great and terrible evil.
As always, please remember to like, comment, share, and subscribe if you have not already done so.
- The Failure of the New Economics by Henry Hazlitt
- On the Question of Free Trade: An Economics Discourse by Vox Day & Dr. James Miller
- Free Trade Doesn’t Work: What Should Replace It and Why by Ian Fletcher
Protect Yourself From Big Tech
I make some pretty incendiary statements in this podcast, and in most of my podcasts. I can only do so because I take steps to protect myself from the Big Tech companies, and preserve my identity. You need to do the same – this is no longer optional, because if you don’t, the gatekeepers WILL come for your head.
If you don’t know where to start, then I’ve got you covered right here with this post. Here are the specific steps that you can take:
- Make sure that your web traffic is safe and protected from prying eyes using a VPN – click here to get a massive 80% OFF on a 24-month subscription with Surfshark;
- Be sure also to check out Incogni, the new data and privacy management tool offered by Surfshark, which simply works behind the scenes to ensure that no malign actors can take advantage of your data ever again;
- Another solid VPN option for you is Atlas VPN, brought to you by the same company that creates NordVPN;
- The best SSD drive that you can get right now, with blazing fast speeds and near-native storage capabilities, is probably the SanDisk Extreme 1TB Portable SSD with NVMe technology – I bought this myself to keep a moving backup of all of my files, it’s the size of a credit card, and it’s absolutely superb;
Build Your Platform
- Get yourself a proper domain for your site or business with Namecheap;
- Put your site onto a shared hosting service using A2Hosting for the fastest, most secure, and stable hosting platform around – along with unlimited email accounts of unlimited size;
- Create beautiful websites with amazing, feature-rich content using Divi from Elegant Themes;