This episode of Didactic Mind is all about the misguided and very foolish return of Stalinism as an in-vogue political and social philosophy. This all came about because of the recent appearance by one Jackson Hinkle on Piers Morgan‘s show (Lord, have mercy, because that guy, right there, deserves a proper slapping), in which Jackson did utterly humiliate both Piers and his guest, Konstantin Kisin. But then, Jackson stated openly that he is a Stalinist, and believes in returning to Stalinist policies. This got me rather annoyed, because this is a trend I am seeing a lot of late on the channels I watch.
Therefore, in this episode, I explain why Stalinism is such a terrible idea, and where it actually led over time – to starvation, backwardness, and eventual economic collapse. Stalin’s economic model is not one for the rest of us to follow – it leads to very, very bad places, and its actual record in action is truly terrible. Just because neoliberal policies are failing completely, that does not mean we should trade in one set of huge failures for another.
I reference a fair few books and works in this episode. Here is a partial list:
- Reagan’s War: The Epic Story of his Forty Year Struggle and Final Triumph Over Communism by Peter Schweizer
- Economic Calculation in the Socialist Commonwealth by Ludwig von Mises
- The Black Book of Communism: Crimes, Terror, Repression
Protect Yourself From Big Tech
I make some pretty incendiary statements in this podcast, and in most of my podcasts. I can only do so because I take steps to protect myself from the Big Tech companies, and preserve my identity. You need to do the same – this is no longer optional, because if you don’t, the gatekeepers WILL come for your head.
If you don’t know where to start, then I’ve got you covered right here with this post. Here are the specific steps that you can take:
- Make sure that your web traffic is safe and protected from prying eyes using a VPN – click here to get a massive 80% OFF on a 24-month subscription with Surfshark;
- Be sure also to check out Incogni, the new data and privacy management tool offered by Surfshark, which simply works behind the scenes to ensure that no malign actors can take advantage of your data ever again;
- Another solid VPN option for you is Atlas VPN, brought to you by the same company that creates NordVPN;
- The best SSD drive that you can get right now, with blazing fast speeds and near-native storage capabilities, is probably the SanDisk Extreme 1TB Portable SSD with NVMe technology – I bought this myself to keep a moving backup of all of my files, it’s the size of a credit card, and it’s absolutely superb;
Build Your Platform
- Get yourself a proper domain for your site or business with Namecheap;
- Put your site onto a shared hosting service using A2Hosting for the fastest, most secure, and stable hosting platform around – along with unlimited email accounts of unlimited size;
- Create beautiful websites with amazing, feature-rich content using Divi from Elegant Themes;