The Domain Query series is BACK after a little bit of a hiatus, with a long broadcast answering a set of very interesting and quite wide-ranging questions from LRFotS Randale6. This was good fun to talk through, but I think I might have pissed off Satan’s butt-gremlins in the process, because my laptop (running Linux Mint 20.3, no less) blew a fuse somehow and refused to recognise input from either the mouse or keyboard. So I was rather worried that I’d lost the entire podcast, which was over an hour in length. I sure as shit didn’t want to re-record the whole damned thing, but fortunately, Audacity was able to restore the cached version.
That being said, if you hear something off during the podcast, or the sound goes squirrelly, let me know, because I have no idea whether the original audio stream is intact. It SEEMS to be, but I really have no way to be sure, short of listening to the whole damn thing myself, and I don’t like the sound of my own voice THAT much.
So here is the original question list:
- Is homosexuality innate, “conditioned” or a mix of the two?
- Is the FBI ride [sic – “raid”] on Mar-A-Lago a sign of establishment power…or fear?
- Having just done modern art history for elective credit filling…what exactly happened? It seems from approximately the 1850s to 1929 half the art became crap, from the 1929 on the art became a steaming pile of biden****.
- What is the line between nationalism and fascism and where do the Pinochet (Chile) and Franco (Spain) fall on this continuum?
- Relating to the above, are some countries only suited for the “great man” style of leadership (characterized by a highly charismatic, capable leader with at the minimum an authoritarian streak)? Latin countries in particular come to mind (along with Russia).
- Having listened to Adam Piggott’s recent podcast I have a curious question, as backward and barbaric as Islam can be…is their approach to women and their management the correct one?
I’ve gone through them one after another, with varying amounts of time devoted to each answer. Be warned, this does get controversial and I do discuss some very icky subjects when answering all of this, so if you don’t like listening to based commentary, well, go back to your safe space. Otherwise, listen on.
With respect to the question about Franco and Pinochet, I have to beg ignorance about their specific policies, but I would say that Pinochet, in particular, was merely a nationalist, and was assuredly not a fascist, given the market-based reforms that he pushed through in Chile. My understanding of Franco as well is that he was much more market-oriented than Hitler, Mussolini, or Tojo ever were. As I stated in the podcast, the best way to understand fascism is that it is a SUBSET of nationalism, and that nationalism in and of itself allows one to embrace either socialism or capitalism.
- The Last Closet by Moira Greyland;
- A very basic explanation from Infogalactic about La Dottrina del Fascismo by Giovanni Gentile;
- Perhaps a better explanation from Prager U and Dinesh D’Souza – beware of the neo-Palestinianism therein, though;
- A brief primer on the extremely high rates of intimate partner violence in same-sex relationships;
- The inimitable Robert Barnes waxing lyrical about the FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago;
I reference a lot of different sources and books in this podcast, and I can’t quite remember them all, but if you have other sources to suggest, stick ’em in the comments, because this is a very broad set of questions and ideas for discussion.
Protect Yourself From Big Tech
I make some pretty incendiary statements in this podcast, and in most of my podcasts. I can only do so because I take steps to protect myself from the Big Tech companies, and preserve my identity. You need to do the same – this is no longer optional, because if you don’t, the gatekeepers WILL come for your head.
If you don’t know where to start, then I’ve got you covered right here with this post. Here are the specific steps that you can take:
- Make sure that your web traffic is safe and protected from prying eyes using a VPN – click here to get a massive 80% OFF on a 24-month subscription with Surfshark;
- Another solid VPN option for you is Atlas VPN, brought to you by the same company that creates NordVPN;
- The best SSD drive that you can get right now, with blazing fast speeds and near-native storage capabilities, is probably the SanDisk Extreme 1TB Portable SSD with NVMe technology – I bought this myself to keep a moving backup of all of my files, it’s the size of a credit card, and it’s absolutely superb;
Build Your Platform
- Get yourself a proper domain for your site or business with Namecheap;
- Put your site onto a shared hosting service using A2Hosting for the fastest, most secure, and stable hosting platform around – along with unlimited email accounts of unlimited size;
- Create beautiful websites with amazing, feature-rich content using Divi from Elegant Themes;